Nancy L. Boari, M.A., CLTC
Long Term Care Specialist, Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
Nancy has over 22 years of work experience in Health Care, and 14 years as a Long Term Care Specialist. Her expertise is in understanding the long term care industry contracts and she assists families and employers in designing LTC benefits. Nancy’s knowledge about topics such as Medicare, Medicaid and the Health Care System is extensive and practical for the future preparation of our aging population.
Nancy is a graduate of Western Michigan University with a degree in Social Work and has a Master of Arts degree in Guidance and Counseling from Oakland University.
Nancy helps families prepare for Long Term Care, and assists employers with creating Long Term Care benefits for employees.
Long Term Care Education:
- Health Care, Acute Care, Hospital and Rehabilitation
- Current costs of care in the community
- Internal workings of home health care, assisted living, and nursing homes
Long Term Care Insurance:
- Policy structure
- Pricing philosophy
- Questions to ask before you buy Long Term Care insurance
- Qualifying for Long Term Care insurance
Employer Benefits/Long Term Care:
- Employer and employee paid options
- Worksite education
- Employee family education
- Tax advantages in the employer market
- Group and Individual Long Term Care policies (advantages and disadvantages of both)
- Geriatric case management
- Elder care law
- Estate planning