Elizabeth L. Peters, Attorney
Masud Labor Law Group
Since Liz has been practicing in the Great Lakes Bay Region, she has established herself as a fierce defense attorney who successfully represents the interests of the clients she serves. Detail oriented and a creative strategist, she repeatedly has demonstrated her ability to effectively resolve client issues with her knowledge, patience and perseverance. Liz brings more than 35 years of labor and employment experience to the firm. She is proactive and strives for win-win outcomes, but has no problem taking on a tough opponent and coming out ahead.
Liz was born and raised in Grosse Pointe, Michigan. After college, she began her career as a regular and special education teacher before returning to school to earn her law degree. As a teacher, Liz was president of her local teachers' association and served as an association representative at the regional, state and national levels, including serving as the president of the Saginaw County Coordinated Bargaining Council.
- In-house counsel and staff attorney for U.S. Steel, Pittsburgh, Pa., litigating labor and employment, workers' compensation, and personal injury/product liability cases in various jurisdictions throughout the U.S., as well as litigating and resolving hundreds of grievances from various plant sites across the U.S., and taking part in the negotiations of two national agreements and negotiating numerous local agreements
- Chief negotiator for the collective bargaining of various industry contracts, including, but not limited to, schools, credit unions, mining, manufacturing and construction
- Graduate of Great Lakes Bay Leadership Institute
- Proven track record of successfully defending EEOC/MDCR discrimination charges and unemployment claims
- Experienced in handling embezzlement/fraud cases
- Author of numerous published articles on labor and employment law
Frequent featured presenter at seminars for companies, events, and organizations such as the Valley Society of Human Resource Managers, Saginaw County Chamber of Commerce, North East Michigan Human Resources Association, Michigan Public Employers Labor Relations Association, Michigan Association of CPAs and the Michigan Association of Community College Human Resource Managers.